Thursday, June 19, 2014

Swimmer's got the blues

Yesterday I hit the rec center motivated to start my training. I did intervals on the stationary bike for 35 mins. I probably could have gone longer but my toes were getting numb on my right foot so I stopped. Don't want to hurt myself and give up due to pain etc. Then I hit the free weights for a few quick arm moves like bicep curls, etc to start some upper body strength training. I was really ready for the pool but Mother Nature had another idea. There was an oncoming storm with lightening so they closed the pool. I could wait 30 mins per their protocol but the sky was looking a little dark and the wind picked up so I figured it was time to go.

One big thing to remember when undertaking any type of commitment is flexibility. There will be times when you can't do what you wanna do. You can choose to get mad and stew about it. Or you can move on and make other plans. Getting mad is only gonna add extra stress to an already stressful situation. You're best bet is to reevaluate and chose something else. That is what I did, I chose to go home and make a very healthy dinner. My beau was supportive of my going to the gym and very grateful for the delicious dinner I made. I'm happy that I got at least a 35 minute cardio workout. Tomorrow I'll try again. My workout bag is still packed and sitting by the kitchen door.

No comments:

Post a Comment